ECTS grading scale
The ECTS grading style is used within the SASOL-programme.
The European Credit Transfer and Accumulation System (ECTS) helps make higher education comparable across Europe, allowing greater student mobility.
As a student your performance will be graded from A-F based on your fulfillment of the learning outcomes stated in the syllabus for that particular course.
- A : Excellent – outstanding performance with only minor errors
- B : Very good – above the average standard but with some error
- C : Good – generally sound work with a number of notable errors
- D: Satisfactory – fair but with significant shortcomings
- E : Sufficient – performance meets the minimum criteria
- F : Fail – Not good enough – considerable work is required