Why Control Immigration? Strategic Uses of Migration Management in Russia. By Caress Schenk. Toronto: University of Toronto Press, 2018. xvi, 374 pp. Appendix. Notes. Bibliography. Index. Figures. Tables. $71.25, hard bound.
- Department of Sociology of Law
Association for Slavic, East European, and Eurasian Studies
- International Migration and Ethnic Relations
- Migration and Legal Cultures in Post-Soviet Societies: Ethnographic Study of Uzbek Migrant Workers and Their Families
- Migration, Shadow Economy and Parallel Legal Orders in Russia
- An exploration of the nature of informal economies and shadow practices in the former USSR region
- ISSN: 0037-6779