Admission & application
Criteria, application process, Supporting documents & Important dates
Who can apply?
SASOL welcomes applicants from Sociology of Law or other fields of relevance to the programme, e.g. Sociology, Law, Political Science, Social Work, or the equivalent.
At least a Bachelor’s degree including three semesters (90 credits) of studies in sociology of law or another subject of relevance to the programme, such as sociology, anthropology, criminology, political science, social work, or the equivalent. English 6/English Course B.
- See frequently asked questions about admission and the application process.
- Read more about Admission requirements and applying for studies at Lund University's main website for international students.
- More information and link to the application on Lund University International Website
The application period for programmes beginning in the autumn is 15 October–15 January.
Application for international students: www.universityadmissions.se, and for Swedish citizens: www.antagning.se (in Swedish).
- Go to the University Admissions in Sweden website, create an account and select the programme during the application period.
- Read about how to document your eligibility and how to submit your documents at the University Admissions in Sweden website.
- Get all your documents ready:
- official transcripts and high school diploma (Bachelor's applicants)
- official transcripts and degree certificate or proof of expected graduation (Master's applicants)
- passport/ID (all applicants) and
- proof of English proficiency (all applicants).
- In addition, we require that you submit a statement of purpose. This also applies to Swedish citizens and non-citizens with a bachelor's degree from a Swedish university.
Download the template for your statement of purpose here (PDF, new tab).
- Upload or send all required documents to University Admissions before the document deadline.
- Pay the application fee (if applicable) before the document deadline.
NOTE: If you submit your application early without some relevant documentation, such as the statement of purpose, please send a notification to master [at] soclaw [dot] lu [dot] se when the missing documentation has been uploaded to University Admissions and your application is complete.
Notification of selection results
After completing the selection of applicants, you receive a letter of notification. The information in the notification letter is final unless you are contacted by the programme or Lund University. If you are placed on our waiting list, we will contact you if there is a place available; you do not need to contact the programme to show your interest. If you are not admitted, you cannot change the selection results by sending additional documents or an updated CV. We wish you the best of luck with applying, and in your future endeavours.
Go to lunduniversity.lu.se to apply for this programme.
Also information about entry requirements, tuition fees and more.
More info on how to apply
Find lots more information as well as instructions and a video on how to apply. Go to Lund University's international website: lunduniversity.lu.se