Admission & application
Criteria, application process, Supporting documents & Important dates
Who can apply?
SASOL welcomes applicants from Sociology of Law or other fields of relevance to the programme, e.g. Sociology, Law, Political Science, Social Work, or the equivalent.
At least a Bachelor’s degree including three semesters (90 credits) of studies in sociology of law or another subject of relevance to the programme, such as sociology, anthropology, criminology, political science, social work, or the equivalent. English 6/English Course B. See www.lunduniversity.lu.se for details on English proficiency levels.
- See frequently asked questions about admission and the applications process.
- Read more about Admission requirements and applying for studies at Lund University's central website for international students.
- More information and link to application on Lund University International Website
- The application period for programmes beginning in the autumn is 15 October–15 January.
Application for international students: www.universityadmissions.se, and for Swedish citizens: www.antagning.se (in Swedish).
- After sending in your online application, find out what documents you need to submit.
- In addition to your degree certificate, transcript of records and proof of meeting the English requirement, we require a statement of purpose. This also applies to Swedish citizens and non-citizens with a bachelor's degree from a Swedish university.
Download the template for your statement of purpose here (PDF, new tab).
- Upload all your admission documents at the university admission (www.universityadmissions.se).
- Applications must be submitted online no later than 15 January. All documents, including the statement of purpose and letters of recommendation, must be sent to the address given at www.universityadmissions.se.
Key dates and deadlines
Learn more on University Admissions’ website
Notification of selection results
After the completion of the selection of applicants, you will receive a letter of notification. The information in the notification letter is final, unless you are contacted by the programme or Lund University. If you are placed on our waiting list, we will contact you if there is a place available; you do not need to contact the programme to show your interest. If you are not admitted, there is no possibility for you to change the selection results by sending additional documents or an updated CV. We wish you the best of luck with applying, and on your future endeavours!
Go to lunduniversity.lu.se to apply for this programme.
Also information about entry requirements, tuition fees and more.
More info on how to apply
Find lots more information as well as instructions and a video on how to apply. Go to Lund University's international website: lunduniversity.lu.se