Gaining knowledge about law in society
Researching the legal system's possibilities, limitations and dependence on the surrounding community. What part do norms, rules and laws play in the family environment, at school, at work or in society as a whole?
At the Sociology of Law Department, family research coexists with research on public construction contracts; and the informal workers' situation in Colombia is examined at the same time as digital norms and gender. Research is also carried out on socio-legal theory, social welfare and many other areas.
Our research has a wide span, which contributes to interesting discussions while finding common ground in its examination of law and norms.
Active research projects
- Administrative Law Reform and Legal Integration in Hybrid Political Regimes
- Asylum Appeals in Denmark, Germany and Sweden: A Socio-Legal Cartography
- Central Asian Law: Legal Cultures and Business Environments in Central Asia
- Digitalization and Legal Responsibility
- Hate and threats against journalists: consequences for freedom of speech and democracy (Swedish)
- How does the forced sale procedure at the Swedish Enforcement Authority affect debtors' perceptions of fairness? (Swedish)
- The Multilevel Orders of Corruption - Insights from a Post-Soviet Context
- Responses to Labour Exploitation in Sweden - Representations of Victims and Access to Justice
Current doctoral projects
The department's PhD students are engaged in many interesting doctoral projects which you will find presented on their pages below.
- Dusty Rights: Social resilience, law, and environment in Taranto, Italy
Carlo Nicoli Aldini
- Hate and threats against journalists: Consequences for freedom of speech and democracy
- Inform, Nudge, Replace: How digital systems drive changes in urban behaviours
- Caring for Animals in a Time of Ecological Disturbances: Law and the Crisis of Anthropocentrism
- Law and Social Exclusion: The functioning and dysfunctions of the Swedish legal system in light of the over-indebtedness among immigrants
- Between Law and Risk
Director of Research Studies
Telephone: +46 46 222 88 38
E-mail: ida [dot] nafstad [at] soclaw [dot] lu [dot] se