Four years of Doctoral studies
The PhD programme includes four years of full time studies (240 credits). Studies can also be carried out part-time (no less than half time) and cover a maximum of 8 years. As a doctoral candidate you have the right, but not the obligation, to take a licentiate degree (120 credits) as a stage in the doctoral programme.
Admission Requirements for the PhD programme
- Have a degree at an advanced level
- Have completed course requirements of at least 240 credits, including at least 60 credits at an advanced level, or
- In any other way in or out of the country acquired the equivalent knowledge.
Three supervisors from the department will be appointed to you during your first time as a PhD/doctoral student. All PhD students have the right to change supervisor.
More information about research studies
- The Swedish Council for Higher Education has produced a Doctoral students’ handbook containing general information on research studies.
- The Faculty of Social Sciences’ information page on research studies.
Please contact us!
If you are interested in sociology of law for your doctoral studies, please contact us to discuss your situation.
Reza Banakar, Director of Research Studies
Telephone: +46 (0)46-222 87 53
E-mail: reza [dot] banakar [at] soclaw [dot] lu [dot] se