Javascript is not activated in your browser. This website needs javascript activated to work properly.
You are here

Fees, study breaks & practical matters

Frequently asked questions about tuition, studying and living

Tuition fees

From the autumn semester 2011, Swedish universities, including Lund University, have introduced tuition fees for students from outside the EU/EEA (and Switzerland). Fees apply to undergraduate and postgraduate courses and programmes (i.e. Bachelor’s and Master’s level courses and programmes).

Students who do not pay tuition fees:

  • Students from within the EU/EEA will not be charged fees.
  • Exchange students (from all countries) will not be charged tuition fees.

How much are tuition fees at the Faculty of Social Sciences at Lund University?

Read more about tuition fees at Lund University


Study break/study leave

Am I allowed to take a study break?

A study break can be taken for a maximum of one academic year at a time. You need to apply by filling in the study break-form.

Please use this form to apply for a study break


Practical matters

Am I allowed to get a part-time job in Lund?
Yes, if your residence permit allows you to work during your studies here in Lund. However, based on experience, there is little time left for work outside your studies so you cannot rely on this entirely as your financial support. Also, it may be quite difficult to find a part-time job in Lund, especially if you do not speak Swedish.

What is the cost of living in Lund?
Learn more about the cost of living in Sweden on Graduate School's web site.


How can I find accommodation?
Lund University has a special department that helps international students with housing. All admitted students will receive further information about this.
Read more about housing at Lund University international web site.


How can I arrange my residence permit?
If you come from a country outside the EU/EEA you need to apply for a residence permit. You apply for your residence permit as soon as you have received your letter of admission. The process can take quite some time so it is important that you start as early as possible. You apply for the permit through the Swedish Embassy/Consulate in your home country and they have more information about what material is needed for the application.
The Swedish Migration Board


Can I apply for a scholarship?
SASOL does not offer any scholarships. Please see Scholarships and awards at Lund University's interantional web site.


How much work is involved in terms of hours per week?
The workload varies a little from course to course, especially when it comes to the hours of scheduled lectures. However, we estimate that this programme is at least a full-time programme, which means 40 hours per week (both class and group study).

Page Manager:

Sociology of Law Department
Lund University
Visiting address: Allhelgona Kyrkogata 18 C, 3rd floor, 223 62 Lund, SWEDEN
Postal address: Box 42, 221 00 Lund, SWEDEN

Faculty of Social Sciences